Pages: [1]

Mechanic - Emergency Breakdown Services

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
  • Ivan
  • Founder
  • Former traveller!
  • *****
  • Posts: 226
  • WWW
Mechanic - Emergency Breakdown Services
« on: 18,January,2009 »

You probably have an old car, at some point, statistically it will breakdown or fail to start.
The fault maybe minor, but what do you do and who do you call?

Generally, it is recommended to join an emergency roadside assistance service in the state where you purchase the car.
This provides inexpensive day and night breakdown cover, 365 days a year.
This cover should extend nationally. (check when you purchase the policy)

If you decide not to take the cover, you can usually join 'on the spot' (i.e. join when you have broken-down), but you will pay a premium for this!

Here are the numbers, if you decide not to join up front, at least these numbers may get you out of trouble!

Telephone 13 11 22

RACQ (Queensland)
Telephone 13 19 05

RACV (Victoria)
Telephone 13 72 28

RAC of WA (WA)
Telephone 13 17 03

Telephone 13 11 11

Telephone 13 11 11 (same number as NT)

Telephone 13 11 11 (same number as NT and SA!)

Press "print" and take this list with you  Wink

« Last Edit: 17,May,2009 by Barb »

Thank you for using HCC Cool
#1 independent site for backpacker cars!
  • Backpacker Car Club (BCC)
Pages: [1]
Jump to: