Pages: [1]

QLD Roadworthy avaiable @any mechanic in NSW????

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
  • bine_bali
  • Guest

I bought my Campervan - a Mitsubishi Starwagon GL- in October in Cairns (QLD). I want to sell it now in Sydney (NSW), the QLD Rego still lasts until 21st May.
But we don’t have the Safety Certificate (RWC) which is needed for the transfer of the car. Is there any possibility to get it here in NSW at any mechanic or do we have to drive back to QLD for that?
What is the best option for selling a QLD registered car in NSW? Shall we just drive back to QLD because it would be easier to sell it there?
Thanks for any help,

  • Backpacker Car Club (BCC)
  • Ivan
  • Founder
  • Former traveller!
  • *****
  • Posts: 226
  • WWW
Re: QLD Roadworthy avaiable @any mechanic in NSW????
« POST AN UPDATE #1 on: 03,January,2011 »

Hi Sabine,

Yes, sure you can sell the car in Sydney - no need to drive a 1,000KM'S!!

You will need a blue slip to transfer the car to NSW registration.

You can get one from a garage that issues blue slips ... a blue slip is simply proof of a safety inspection.

Try Flash Automotive in Kings Cross, they are backpacker friendly:

We have an agreement with this workshop that if you are recommended by HCC (please tell them!!), then you don't have to wait in the queue, you go straight to the top!

Please write a review for Flash if you use them and let us know how it worked out - this will help others!  Smiley

All the best


« Last Edit: 03,January,2011 by Ivan »

Thank you for using HCC Cool
#1 independent site for backpacker cars!
Pages: [1]
Jump to: